6.08.2010

T-T-Today Junior!

Wow! Where do I even begin?! It's a whole new year and a completely different decade--speaking of which did you know that I have lived in 2 millenniums, 2 centuries, and 3 decades...but Im not 20 yet? Thats CRAZY!

So I think I had said this at some point before the end of the fall semester but I officially declared my major as Elementary Education and I couldnt be happier with it! It is absolutely fantastic. I honestly have no idea what grade I want to teach. I love the little ones but I also really enjoy the older ones as well so I guess I will have to try each one to find my niche. After Christmas I finally found a job up here while I go to school. I am working for a family keeping their 2 little boys. I have been watching them for 6 months now and I think they are finally used to me. I really do love them, but I have to admit sometimes they drive me crazy. They are 4 and 6, but just barely they both just celebrated their birthdays. This summer we are working on being more independent and responsible, I'm hoping with some incentives it will help motivate them.

I just finished my first summer class--History of Kentucky. I am now officially a Junior (at least by hours). I am right on track with graduation--that is as long as I am accepted into the TEP program for the spring semester. I get one day off, tomorrow, and then I begin my second summer class--Education in American Culture. It shouldn't be too bad and I was stoked to find out the 2 books for the class are going to cost me $25.00 combined! Ill have 3 weeks off after this class before my fall classes start. Thats when its going to reallyyy get crazy. I'm going to try to get into a service fraternity, I'm going to continue to do TallyCats, Im going to really plug in with CSF and try to get in a small group, I want to do DanceBlue this year, and I'm pretty sure Im going to join the Judo Club. I've really been craving martial arts lately, I took it in middle school even moved up a belt but then I gave up. While doing all of that, I will be keeping up with my K Team, taking 15 hours, applying to TEP, and working 12-15 hours a week.

I really have grown so much with the Lord since I committed to letting him use this year for healing. I am so thankful that He has been moving and stirring my heart. I know he has GREAT plans for me. Right now Im working on trusting Him as well as others, patience, and self control.

Summer is going well so far. Just class and work, not much of a social life with everyone gone pretty much. Im hoping to really kick it up a gear on my workouts and head toward the finish line on my ultimate goal. I know last blog I talked about the half marathon. I was not able to do it. I was in the hospital 3 times during the spring semester for various reasons but with all of that I just was not in the shaped I needed to be to run that. I am looking to running a 5k or 10k at the end of the summer though. I really miss running, I loved it!

I really should update this more. I have to be up for work in 5 hours. I need sleep. Hope this helps update those who ever read this.

peacelovejesus
abby t.

1 comment:

Emily Yates said...

HEY FOLLOW MY BLOG!

Anyways, YAY you are a JUNIOR! :)
Wooooooo hoooooo!